Open University Worldwide Limited - terms and conditions of business
This website www.ouw.co.uk is operated by Open University Worldwide Limited.
Open University Worldwide Limited is referred to in these terms and conditions as "We", "Us" or "Our".
Open University Worldwide Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 1260275.
Our registered office address is Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK7 6AA, United Kingdom.
Our VAT registration is GB 650 7489 18.
If You would like to contact Us, Our trading address is: Open University Worldwide Ltd, 1st Floor, East Perry Building, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA, United Kingdom.
We can be reached by email on OUW-Customer-Services@open.ac.uk and Our telephone number is +44 (0)1908 274066.
We use this website to allow Us to sell products such as books, DVDs and OU materials which relate to the Open University.
These terms and conditions ("the Terms") set out the way in which We do business with Our customers ("You"). These Terms will apply when You place an order with Us on this website. Although this website relies on Amazon to handle the online contracting process, Your contract is with Open University Worldwide Limited.
From time to time We may need to update these Terms. However, any changes that We make will not apply to any orders that have already been placed with Us when the changes are introduced. We recommend that You print and retain a copy of these Terms for Your records.
If You place an order with Us through this website, these Terms make up the entire agreement between You and Us for the purchase of the items You order.
These Terms were last updated on 23 June 2014.
By placing an order through this website:
- You accept and agree to be bound by these Terms;
- Where You are not a UK resident, You confirm to Us that there is nothing in the laws governing the place where You live that would make it illegal or unlawful for Us to supply You with the items You have ordered;
- You confirm that You are at least 18 years old.
When You place an order with Us through this website, We will go through the following steps which will create a binding contract between You and Us:
- Before You submit Your order, You will be given the opportunity to check and edit Your order;
- You place Your order when You click on the “Buy Now” button.
- After You submit Your order, You will receive an e-mail acknowledging that Your order has been received. This is simply an acknowledgment that Your order has been received. It does not mean that Your order has been accepted or that a contract has been created.
- Please check the contents of the email and if it is incorrect or if You wish to make any changes, please contact Us immediately using the email address OUW-Customer-Services@open.ac.uk or the contact details set out above.
- Once We have checked Your order and Our available stock, We will arrange for Your order to be despatched to the delivery address that You have provided.
- The contract between You and Us is formed when We despatch Your order to You.
- When Your order has been despatched, an acceptance email will be sent to You and payment will be taken from You using the details provided when Your order was placed.
- A receipted invoice for Your payment will be sent by post to You at the address You have provided.
Payment for orders must be made by credit card or debit card. The exact types of cards that will be accepted will depend on Amazon’s ordering service, which may change from time to time.
As at the date of these Terms, the following are all accepted:
These prices include VAT. A repayment of VAT can be arranged if You are entitled to a reimbursement of VAT (for example if You are not a UK resident).
Our prices may change at any time and will be updated on this website. Any changes in price will not affect orders from You that We have already accepted.
Our prices exclude delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due.
For most orders despatched to an address in the UK, We charge a standard fee. A more detailed description of the costs, expected timescales and options for delivery are available here. We cannot guarantee that delivery will take place on any particular date or time.
For unusually bulky or heavy orders, We will contact You directly to agree a delivery fee and to arrange the most appropriate method of delivery.
Delivery outside of the UK
For orders despatched to an address outside of the UK, Our delivery costs are based on the weight of the order. You will be informed of the delivery cost, calculated according to the weight of Your order, before You place Your order.
A more detailed description of the costs, expected timescales and options for delivery are available here. Delivery times can vary but where We can We will inform You of the likely delivery time. Provided that We have the items that You have ordered in stock, We aim to despatch Your items without undue delay, and in any event, not more than 30 days of the date of receiving Your order. If We are unable to do this, We will contact You to offer a new delivery date. If this new date is not acceptable, You may cancel Your order and receive a full refund.
Ownership of the items You have ordered from Us will only pass to You when We have received full payment, including delivery charges, from You.
Once the items that You have ordered from Us are delivered to You, they are Your responsibility. The items are held at Your risk from the time of delivery.
As a consumer, You may have rights under UK law that allow You to cancel any contract between You and Us. If You wish to cancel the contract between You and Us, You must:
- Inform Us in writing or by email that You wish to cancel the contract within fourteen days, beginning on the day after You received the last of the items You have ordered from Us;
- Take care of the items while they are under Your control;
- At Your own cost, return the items You have ordered to Us in the same condition that You received them.
- You will not have any right to cancel a contract for sealed audio, video or computer software items, if the seal on any of those items has been broken.
If You wish to cancel and to be refunded, You must:
- Inform Us in writing or by email within the fourteen day cancellation period that You want to cancel the contract and obtain a refund on those items. The fourteen day cancellation period begins on the day after You received the last of the items You have ordered from Us.
- Return the items to Us in the same condition that You received them, without undue delay, and in any event, not later than fourteen days after the day that You told Us that You wish to cancel the contract.
If the items that You send back to Us are not in the same condition as they were when You received them, We are entitled to reduce the amount that We refund You to compensate Us for the fall in the value of the items.
Please note that the right to cancel and be refunded and Our explanation of the procedure do not affect Your statutory rights.
If You have any comments to make or if You wish to make any complaints about the service You have received or the items You have ordered, please contact Us using:
- Email: OUW-Customer-Services@open.ac.uk; or
- Post: Open University Worldwide Ltd, 1st Floor, East Perry Building, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes MK7 6AA
If any of the items that You receive from Us are faulty, please contact Us straightaway to let Us know. We will then send a returns note to You which authorises You to return the items to Us at Open University Worldwide Ltd, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA.
We will refund the price of any faulty items including the costs of delivery and the costs of returning the faulty items to Us.
We are under a legal duty to supply items that are in conformity with the contract.
These Terms are governed by English law and the English courts have the jurisdiction to address any disputes arising under these Terms.